Landcruiser 200 Series GVM Upgrades are now available!
While we are known for building Australia’s best turn key Landcruiser 200 Series Dual Cab conversions in Australia, we also build 200 series wagons for customers! From wheels, tyres, suspension, UHF’s, bar work, cargo draws and roof racks… we do it all in house.
As part of our Landcruiser builds, we always upgrade the GVM of the vehicle. (you will see why below). It makes for a better ride, safer vehicle and also ensures your vehicle is not deemed unroadworthy and remains insured.
Another benefit for NEW Landcruiser 200 buyers is you may now be able to purchase your 200 series wagon, let DMW add our approved cargo and load carrying package and save paying luxury car tax. This could save you up to $10,000 off the purchase price of the new vehicle!
From the Toyota factory, the 200 Series only has a payload of 610kg’s. This is with an empty vehicle with no passengers, fuel or anything in it. It really does not give you any ability to load your vehicle and still be not only safe, but legal and insured!
Consider a standard 200 series owner who adds some modest accessories to the car. The numbers look like this:
- 160kg: 2 x Adults (even more weight if travelling with kids! )
- 100kg: Bull bar, brush rails and side steps
- 55kg: A set of all Terrain tyres (additional weight over factory tyres)
- 40kg: Rear draw system
- 50kg: Roof rack
- 350kg: Towing of a 3.5T trailer with a 10% ball weight
Total accessory weight: 755kg
A breakdown of the numbers:
- Landcruiser 200 series Kerb weight: 2740kg
- Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM): 3350kg
- Total payload available: 610kg
- Less the total weight of the accessories and a full tank of fuel: 755kg
= 145kg OVERWEIGHT and now uninsured!
If you are not towing a trailer, you will still only have 205kgs for other items such as additional people, equipment and cargo.
Being overweight is only just the start of the challenges. Should there be a fatal accident that involves an unroadworthy and uninsured vehicle, you may be liable.